Saturday, July 30, 2005

If you thought the iPod sock was absurd, get a load of this.

This time they've just gone too far. And no, this is not a joke.
zee best friend says: "If you buy that case you're going to need imaginary friends. 'So, where's the iWife?'"

Apparently the people at Speck decided the original silicon carrying case didn't donate enough additional bulk to your iPod, so they added arms and legs. I guess they also decided we could benefit from an extra dose of inanity in our lives (and that we have a dispensable excess of cash and unlimited pocketspace). This mutant version of the iPod carrying case is selling for nearly twice the value of the one without arms and legs.
zee best friend says: "Ah, the price of limbs."

So let me get this straight... for $15 more, I can turn my iPod into a cumbersome, unwieldy and irregularly-shaped bendy toy. Yeah..... who else thinks this is an injustice of the world?

Note, also: the iGuy has a derriere...!!
Nope. They were so not kidding with this one. I'm horrified.
Then again, we should probably just be glad they didn't affectionately name the mini version of the iGuy the "iChild".

Ironically, they put heavy emphasis on the "functionality" of the thing.... So, I stand corrected. I guess the limbs can and do serve a purpose. (But let me ask you this -- what purpose in hell does the ass serve?) It's actually very convenient. Like, you know, the next time I'm talking to someone on the phone and I need to put the receiver down for whatever reason, I can dig my iPod out of my pocket and position iGuy's fabulous POSEABLE ARMS such that it -- I'm sorry, he -- doubles as a super-nifty, uh... phone holder. Because it would just kill me to put it on the table.
(Also, I suddenly feel inclined to go out and buy myself a dangly star keychain just to hang it from iGuy's limbs when I do invest in one. And make no mistake, it is quite the investment, for an iPod carrying case.)
more gems from my quotable best friend: "I guess my iPod case is an amputee."
(I guess it is...)

Sad thing is, many of you are going to run out and buy it. Because, really, what you need -- what we all need is an iPod case that looks like fuckin' GUMBY.


Other ridiculous trends in soupin' up the old iPod:
Big bass headphones. They, too, defeat the whole purpose of the iPod's attribute of, you know, portability and everything.

But Natalie Portman wears them to listen to The Shins in (sort-of) independent films, so they're cool.

1 comments

1 Comments:

At 8/21/2005 06:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need for an iWife quite yet.

He strikes me as being fairly androgynous, and apparently hangs out with superheros and little girls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home