Sunday, July 10, 2005

Every time I go to Kevin Devine shows I stand slouched over and look guilty. Paranoid and guilty.

I'll not permit myself to pan the room, but caution will tempt me to look over my shoulder. So my eyes just sort of dart around anxiously and I'll have the general appearance of being in prepared-to-dive-spontaneously-behind-a-table mode.

I saw him play a while ago at the end of last month, got chatted up by someone who turned out to be Kevin's good friend. By the end of the show he'd pretty much introduced me to everyone present who was a friend of Kevin Devine, and Kevin Devine himself. Needless to say, by the end of the show everyone was aware that I was the girl he was serenading. He insisted I call him, all but beseeched me to call him, really, cornered me into a position where it would be unspeakable and irresponsible for me not to call him. I didn't call him.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home