Saturday, November 12, 2005

It's friday I'm in love....

I arrived in Hoboken last night carrying a rose that was handed to me on the PATH train by a stranger with a bouquet.

I left Hoboken last night in MyTVs' van.

Say what?
Yeah. So there I was walking down Washington st. carrying a single long-stemmed white rose, being stared and "awww"ed at by passersby. ....oh yeah, and the dude who'd handed it to me on the PATH was walking alongside me. I'm sure anyone else would have been charmed; I was, to the contrary, irritated and for eleven blocks (Hoboken blocks. Freakin' LONG-ASS hoboken blocks!) I struggled to conceal my annoyance.

By the end of the night, the lecherous local band MyTVs (you know them from all the logo stickers plastered on lamp posts and bathroom mirrors everywhere) had made friends with me at Maxwell's and I hitched a ride back to the city on their van. Which got me wondering... why don't I ride in the back of vehicles with no seats more often?

To be honest, I look forward to the commute home from Maxwell's, particularly at those ungodly hours of the day... I love the PATH train, the route back to the train station, waiting for it, being on it. (Yes. I have an unexplicable fondness for the new jersey transit system, okay?) But when MyTVs offers you a lift back into the city, even at the sacrifice of the lovely 2am trip on the PATH, how do you decline that offer? Why, they only had to say, "it has no seats", and I was gone. SO IN. Being cargo in a van with five drunk crazy potheads sure beats being a passenger on the PATH any day, lovely though the PATH train and its passengers may be.
Yeah, MyTVs are a fun band. That enjoys decorating the city with their logo stickers.

Rather bizarre end to an otherwise flavorless week. But more bizarre things have happened, I suppose.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home