Sunday, December 05, 2004

Lay off the pot, dear.


Look! My monstrous mutant pupil is devouring my iris!

I went to the ophthalmologist this morning. I'm happy to report that she's a little more competent than my physician. She put all kinds of drops in my eyes that stung like a bitch (while I squirmed) and prodded at my eyeballs, and then instructed me to sit in the waiting room for twenty minutes, all in preparation for examining my eyes. So I sat obediently in the waiting room in excruciating pain, waiting for the drops to take effect, and resisting the urge to gouge my eyes out. When I left, I noticed an increased sensitivity to light, so I wore sunglasses around all afternoon. When I took them off for a moment, I learned that what the drops did was dilate my pupils. My pupil looked like it was trying to swallow my entire eyeball. (Keep in mind that this was several hours after the ophthalmologist appointment, after the effects wore off a bit.) I looked like I was hopped up on something.

shut up, people with glasses. I'd never had a dilated pupil exam prior to today, okay?

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home